The purpose of this blog is about truth of the Bible. Positive constructive comments are acceptable. Negative and blasphemous comments will be removed. That being said, healthy pro vs. con discussions about the Bible are encouraged as long as it is friendly on both sides of the issue.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

He Leads Me Besides The Still Waters...

The second verse in Psalms 23 is He makes me to lie down in green pastures,

He leads me besides still waters.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures. 


The word green is talking about a tender sprout of grass. It is very soft to the touch.  The word pastures refers to a home, habitation, house, pasture, pleasant place.  It is a derivative of word meaning to be at home.  Home is considered a place of safety.

There are times in life that we need to lie down in green pastures.  The passage says, "He makes me to lie down..."

As active Christians we sometimes get battle scars from the world that is against us.  We get so caught up in the battle that we can't see what is happening.  We are assaulted from every side.  Sin is dressed up to be so appealing these days.  I will sometime find myself desiring things of the world for the wrong reasons.


Why does God make us lie down in green pastures? Because we don't take the initiative to do it on our own.  God understand that there is a time that we need to feel the comfort, the safety, the home where His salvation lies. We need the healing power of God for our weary souls.

Being led by still waters is something we need on a daily basis.  After going everyday for 2 weeks this morning I decided to sleep in.  Last night I was on empty and knew that I needed rest.  Last night my green pastures was my bed but once I got into it, it became still waters.

Why do we run ourselves so hard in life.  Looking around the world runs at breakneck speed 24/7 and it is difficult not to get caught up in it.  Some are afraid they might get left behind.  Some are afraid that they won't do enough in God's Kingdom.  Some are afraid to be led to green pastures and still waters.  Some are just afraid.

This past weekend I observed two Christian have a verbal altercation at a flea market.  The funny thing is that they were both saying the same thing but from their own perspective.  If I had ever seen two more needing green pastures and still waters it was these two.

I am thankful that God watches over me.  I thank Him that He knows best and that He makes me to lie down in green pastures and leads me besides still waters.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment